What's going on?
Keep up with events happening on and around campus through the University Mission and Ministry Department.
2018 THE SUMMIT
Denver - Nampa - Portland
The Summit is an all-new biennial youth worker event held in 3 different cities on the Northwest NYI (Nazarene Youth International) Field. This event is for all youth workers and pastors who are interested in leading teenagers and young adults towards a life-giving, lifelong encounter with God. The Summit is a conference that allows youth workers to come together to be equipped, encouraged, and engaged.
Denver Area: September 21 - 22
(Tower Community Fellowship: 1800 S Tower Rd, Aurora, Colorado, 80013. Registration Deadline September 14)
Nampa: October 19 - 20
(Northwest Nazarene University: 623 S University Blvd, Nampa, ID 83686. Registration Deadline October 12)
Portland: November 9 - 10
(Portland First: 6100 SW Raab Rd, Portland, OR 97221. Registration Deadline November 2)
About the Summit
- 2-day youth worker conference
- Featured Presenter: Keegan Lenker a veteran youth worker, lead pastor at Gig Harbor Naz in Washington State, and a Fuller Youth Institute speaker
- Growing Young Workshop, on day one, will provide a strategy any church can use to involve and retain young people. All churches grow old, but strategic churches are growing young. Growing Young shows ministry leaders how to position their churches to reach younger generations in a way that breathes life into the whole church
- Day two will have 2 additional General Sessions that will strengthen and inspire youth workers for diverse contexts of ministry
- A time of connection and fun with other youth workers with the goal to refresh and encourage
- Access to workshops on relevant topics designed to provide tools and equip, presented by professional youth workers and NNU Department of Religion professors
- Impactful worship
- A getaway to allow a time and a space for your church’s youth ministry team to be equipped, to dream and plan together, and to build community and relationship
- Lunch on Saturday is included in the registration fee